We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Arab cuisine has always stood out for the good use of veal. This food, along with vegetables, makes up a large part of traditional Arab dishes, among which is the sphiha.
As well known as Fatay, This dish bears a great resemblance to the empanada, although unlike this, the esquiha has a triangular shape. Go ahead and learn how to prepare it with the simple steps that we offer you on site.
- 500 gr of minced beef
- 400 gr of wheat flour
- 10 gr yeast
- 2 tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200 ml of warm water
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 mint leaves
- Pepper (optional)
- To make the dough:
1. In a bowl, put the yeast, sugar and warm water. Stir carefully, cover it with a cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes.
2. Then add the olive oil and add the wheat flour little by little. Add the salt.
3. Work the dough for 15 minutes until it is soft and flexible enough, and it comes off your hands. Let the dough rest, covering it with a kitchen cloth.
4. When the dough has rested enough, work it again for a few minutes and cut it into small buns the size of a chicken egg. Let it rest for 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, we prepare the filling: the meat.
- To make the filling:
1. Chop the onion and add it to a bowl along with the minced meat. Add the chopped tomatoes and the chopped mint leaves.
2. Season and mix all the ingredients well.
3. Add the juice of 1 lemon, cover the container with kitchen paper and leave to rest in the fridge for an hour.
4. Return with the dough. Break it into several pieces the size of an egg, crush and open each one with your hands. Arrange them in a baking dish.
5. When the filling is ready, place one or two tablespoons in the center of each bun and close it tightly into a triangle.
6. Once all the eshihas are filled, place on the oven tray and bake at 200ºC for a half hour or until they are golden brown. Sprinkle each one with a little oil and lemon juice.
Tips: It can be made open or closed, triangle-shaped or round.
The trick of our site:If you prefer, you can fry the meat a little before mixing it with the vegetables to make it more cooked.
You can read more articles similar to Esfiha. Arabic recipe with minced meat for children, in the category of Arabic recipes on site.