We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The kitchen of a house is the perfect setting to not get bored. Kids will love playing chef for a bit. How about inviting them to the kitchen so that you can prepare this delicious ham and cheese calzone together? It is a giant dumpling with one of the fillings that children like the most.
The Italian calzone is a huge version of the famous empanadillas and at the same time a closed version of a pizza. The advantage in this case is that if you cook it with the children they will have fun filling it with ingredients and you will only have to close it once, perhaps the most complicated process of dumplings. In this case you have two options, buy a precooked pizza dough or try to make the dough yourself ... you will see that it is not as difficult as you think.
- 2 glasses of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon (soup) yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 ml of milk or warm water
- 2 tablespoons (soup) cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons (soup) of oil
- 1 beaten egg and 1 gem (for brushing)
How to prepare a ham and cheese calzone:
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
2. Add, little by little, the oil and the water (or milk).
3. Knead everything with your hands until you get a homogeneous dough that does not stick to your fingers. Let it rest for half an hour in a cool place.
4. While the dough grows, we will make the filling.
5. Cut squares of cheese and ham and mix them with the beaten egg.
6. Roll out the dough and fill it. Fold the empty half over the filling and seal it around the edges, wetting them with a little water so that they stick.
7. Brush the calzone with the beaten egg yolk and take it to a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.
And we already have our calzone!
Vilma Medina. Director of our site
You can read more articles similar to Ham and cheese calzone: a taste of Italy in the hands of children, in the category of Recipes on site.