We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Traditional recipes remind us of grandmothers' cooking, and now we can share these moments with our children. This is one of the exquisite recipes that grandmothers keep in the bottom of the trunk.
With this recipe fromCauliflower with Bechamel we can prepare a healthy and delicious dish, both for lunch and for family dinner.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 225 gr of cooked ham or bacon
- 75 gr of wheat flour
- 25 g of butter or margarine
- 1 liter of milk
- Grated cheese
If your child does not like vegetables, you can make him this recipe for children, very simple and with which he will be encouraged to try cauliflower. Cauliflower is highly recommended to prevent childhood obesity due to its low caloric and fat intake.
1. Wash the cauliflower well and cut it into 'little trees'. Bring water to a boil in a pot, add the cauliflower with a little salt and cook for about 10 minutes.
2. Prepare the bechamel: Melt the butter or margarine with two tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the flour, mix until it is soaked and forms a lumpy paste. Add a splash of milk and stir until it is absorbed, continue adding milk little by little, and a pinch of salt, until forming a light béchamel.
3. In a frying pan, add a splash of oil, add the minced garlic clove, minced onion and when it is browned, add the ham or bacon, fry for a few minutes and mix them with the béchamel sauce.
4. Preheat the oven to 190ºC. Drain the cauliflower and put it in a baking dish. Pour the bechamel on top until it is covered. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
5. Bake at 185ºC for about 10 minutes, until gratin, remove and serve.
You can read more articles similar to Cauliflower with baked bechamel, traditional recipe, in the category of Vegetables - vegetables on site.