We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is clear that what we are as adults is determined by endless experiences and experiences that we have had throughout life. "I am me and my circumstances" that Ortega y Gasset used to say.
However, a study reveals that the first year of life of the baby has a profound and impactful impact on the babyEverything that lives in those first 12 months will determine your adult life.
Several studies on the brain and the evolution of the baby in a given environment corroborate this theory: the baby's first year of life determines what it will be like as an adult:
- Hallan Hurt, a neonatologist in Philadelphia, led a study based on the harm addicted mothers did to their children. They compared two groups of 4-year-olds all from underprivileged families. One group had been exposed to the drug and another had not. The data was revealing: both groups had a lower than average IQ. However, among all of them, those with the highest IQ were the children who received the best care and received the most stimuli.
- An investigation carried out at the University of China regarding only children, revealed that there is a direct relationship between the family environment in which the child grows up and brain development.
- Other studies have found that children's experiences in their earliest childhood have an impact on the structure of their developing brain. They relate the social and economic situation of the baby and his brain growth.
Scientists, in fact, tell us about the social key hypothesis, that is, the idea thatthe child's social experience opens the door to language, cognitive, and emotional development.
The learning of children in the early years is spectacular, they learn like they never do at any other time in their life. In just a few months they will learn to speak, crawl, walk, draw, eat ... The dizzying development of this first stage will never happen again.
This learning and what surrounds it, will shape the future of the child, according to experts, that is why stimulation in childhood is so important and, above all, grow up in an environment with a strong family bond. It is essential that the child grows up feeling loved and protected that he can develop skills and abilities that will help him in his adult life.
We may think that during the first months of life, when the baby cannot talk to us and only interacts with crying and laughing, what we say or do is not so important, because the baby will not remember. Well, experts tell us otherwise, there are two types of attachment, and as we exercise it from the first day of the baby's life, so will our children as adults:
- Secure attachment: If parents are loving, safe and attentive to the baby's needs, he will grow up to be a confident adult with good self-esteem, will be autonomous and with good social skills.
- Insecure attachment: If parents do not show care in caring for their child, have a negative attitude towards him and do not provide him with affection and security, problems will begin to appear in the medium and long term such as stress, depression, anxiety, anger or hostility.
All the bond that we establish with our children, from the first days, are laying the foundations of the adult who will be, even if they do not speak, they do not understand us, it is an idea that we must always keep in mind.
You can read more articles similar to Why the first year of life of the baby determines what it will be like as an adult, in the Babies category on site.